Monday, April 24, 2017

Consume Collagen



Consume collagen in your golden milk for healthy growth:

I am a relatively recent import from the land of vegan eating and I continue to suffer from cognitive dissonance.

I'm still operating on a plant based situation, but given our various health issues and my swiftly advancing decrepitude, I tried adding in bone broth, collagen and fish. I had been taking my methylated B12 vitamins and my algal DHA and had taught myself to eat natto. But things still were quite working the way they should.

It did feel good philosophically to not eat any animal products. And now I am still trying to get my mind around the concept of happy, grass-fed cows who are contentedly sending me their glycine, lysine and proline to put in my menopausal skin and joints. (And in my kids' non menopausal skin and joints)

I have absorbed the messages that it is all much more morally complex than just condemning CAFO meat production. Bunnies die during the mechanical harvesting of vegetation and it seems that grazing ruminant provide essential materials to the larger biosphere when they are not incarcerated in hellish conditions. 
And, yes, every living organism dies eventually, and most likely in an unpleasant way, even if it doesn't become food.

Or even if it posts on Instagram about how it eats a Paleo diet replete with collagen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Advantage of the Latest Research

Parabiosis: Implement Current Research in Science and Health  Parabiosis "refers to the natural or surgical union of two organ...